Medical Support for Cancer Patients
Cancer is beginning to be one of the major life takers of all diseases in India. An estimated 2.5 million people are affected with cancer in India, with 7 lakh new patients registering every year. There are 5,56,400 cancer related death each year.* Cancer is terribly painful physically and mentally devastating both for the patients and their guardians and relatives. The cost of treating cancer is immense and out of the reach for the poor. Cancer deaths are also caused by late detection and lack of awareness. For all these reasons cancer survival rate in India is less than half of that in advanced countries in many types of cancers. So the need is both for financial and emotional help. There is need for raising awareness for early detection of cancer thereby saving lives.
Rescue and Relief Foundation is providing help in all these areas particularly to underprivileged children affected with cancer.
- Funds are provided to poor people for medical examinations needed for cancer so that cancer is detected early and all the expensive examinations are done properly.
- We promote awareness campaigns for early detection of cancer.
- We also support palliative treatment for cancer which helps to lessen pain and trauma due to very painful treatment processes like surgery, radiation, chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantations.
- We help organizing forums for mental support for the cancer patients and their parents, relatives and guardians.
Rescue and Relief Foundation is also supporting Cancer Fight Foundation in treating cancer patients in following way:
- It is providing support for treating child patients affected with cancer in 9 beds in a renowned cancer Hospital at Kolkata. The patients are of very tender age (aged 7-8 months). Because of these their parents have to live with these children in the vicinity of the hospital. R&R is helping in providing the poor parents of these children with semi skilled labor jobs in close locality of the treatment zone.
- R&R is supporting treatment in 4 beds for underprivileged patients affected with very painful colon cancer at another cancer hospital at Kolkata.
How We Support
Food & Nutrition
Educational & Rehabilitation
You are doing a great job.Children are having so much fun. They should have experiences more often.
Very important initiative. Keep it up.
In one word, excellent. Go ahead, hope for the best.
The project is really noble and charitable.
This type of project should get more support from all parts of society.
Very good. Really commendable
We get to know these lovely children and motivate them in our own small ways. Great job.
Very refreshing and enjoyable.Rescue and Relief Foundation is working tremendously for under privileged section of the society.
Keep it up. Your cause is worthy, your smiles radiant, your spirit amazing. God ( and some others ) will always be with you.
It was a joyous experience to visit the place and make a wonderful experience in playing the sport.
It is fantastic, encourage-able, and more. Projects like this should happen in future.
The project looks very nice and I am happy I could contribute. I wish to contribute more to the project.
It is a very good project for which you should be congratulated.
I think this is a very positive and enthusiastic project. Wish you all the best.
Made me very happy and contented to be able to participate in this noble venture.
It was a marvelous being a part of this excitement moments.
The child inside me had the best time of his life.
It is good and great work for those children. They really want our help to grow their future.
I feel great to support Rescue and Relief Foundation's cause. Their elderly projects are very good, and it's great to see the way the supporting the grand parents.
I was very impressed by the work done by Rescue and Relief. Their commitment to their projects is truly admirable. It felt really good to be able to contribute to their effort.
I feel that god has made me what i am so that i can spread hapiness among the people who have been forgotten by their own.
Rescue and Relief is an wonderful organisation working hard for a good cause. I donated or rather co operated with the group for the well being and a better future for the people being taken care off by the group. It's a great pleasure to be associated with such a noble cause.
It's a great pleasure to support such an organisation where u receive 100%"satisfaction.